The GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) is a standardized test that is used as an admission test for business graduate degrees in most of the world’s universities. Acronym source: Abbreviation Finder
One of the main characteristics of this exam is its “problem adaptive” design, which means that the difficulty of the questions in the quantitative and verbal area depends on the performance that has been had. Considering the above, and in order to obtain a successful application in a competitive graduate degree, it is important to look for a preparation course for this standardized exam that allows you to learn and understand each section, establish your objectives and achieve the highest possible score. For this reason, in this post we will share the main tips that allow you to differentiate and choose the best preparation course that suits your needs and allows you to reach your goal score.
Choosing a preparation course for the GMAT exam can be a difficult job, when you start your search you will find many programs that have different characteristics and functionalities, these can be face-to-face, online, personalized or for individual study. The main differences you will find will be the amount of study hours, course materials (platform or books), exercises, teachers and the language in which they will be taught. It is worth mentioning that the courses change in price depending on their duration, reputation and testimonials.
The exam sections are Analytical Writing Assessment, Integrated Reasoning, Quantitative, and Verbal. Since 2017, students can choose the order of the sections in order to reduce the worry and fatigue they generate. With this in mind, the first step to correctly choosing a GMAT preparation course is to understand the fundamentals of the exam and find a course that addresses all the topics of this, allowing yourself to deal with the questions in a timely manner, understanding your needs.
Continuing with this, the next step is to prepare the work plan and the perfect environment for your study. Starting from the idea that taking a preparation course for the GMAT exam takes approximately 2 to 6 months, you should consolidate your most efficient scenario to study. Consider the 2 main factors, How? And how much ?, analyzing if the best thing for you is a face-to-face or online course and the time you are going to invest in it. You must count from the exercises and class hours, to the time it would take you to move from one point to another in the case of face-to-face courses. It is recommended that you look for the one that suits your lifestyle and your student profile.
At the same time, seeking “personalized” advice can help you get a competitive score. It is not specifically about you taking private classes, but that you have a review of your work and study on an ongoing basis. Having a feedback of your efforts to be able to observe and decide what strengths will be used when solving the exam and what areas of opportunity have to be covered before deciding on an application date, makes a difference among all those who have taken the GMAT.
Finally, the cost-benefit has to be considered, as we mentioned previously, all the preparation courses for the GMAT have their differentiators, including the one from Top Schools in the USA. In this regard, the reputation of each prep school has to be investigated. It is very important to understand the quality of the investment you want to make and the benefits they offer you. Some schools that support students tend to use a traditional methodology, sticking to the official test books; on the contrary, other schools opt for a personalized program covering the individual objectives of each student obtaining better results, and other courses seek to make mock exams to accustom the students.
Choosing a good preparation course for standardized tests is a difficult matter, requires time and patience. Among the main points that a course must cover in order to meet your objectives, flexibility in time, quality of exercises and academic material, learning modality and understanding of your profile must be considered. Do not put your admission to the postgraduate degree of your dreams at risk by choosing the wrong GMAT preparation course, look for the course that best suits your needs and allows you to obtain a competitive score for your application, plan your investment and your learning methodology in detail to make the right decision.
- University of California Santa Barbara
- University of California San Diego
- University of California Riverside
- University of California Los Angeles
- University of California Irvine
- University of California Davis
- University of California Berkeley
- San Jose State University
- San Diego State University
- Hawaii Pacific University
- California State University San Marcos
- California State University Northridge
- California State University Los Angeles
- California State University Long Beach
- California State University Fullerton
- California State University Chico
- Boston University
- Universitat Autonoma De Barcelona
- Riga Stradins University
- Griffith College Dublin
- Vancouver Island University
- Thompson Rivers University
- Saint Marys University
- Brock University
- Irkutsk, Russia (8/6/2022) - Bratsk, Irkutsk region (Russia) According to ehangzhou, Bratsk is located on the banks of the Bratsk reservoir, 490 km north of Irkutsk. The Bratsk Ostrog was founded in 1631 at the mouth of the Oka River by the Yenisei Cossacks.… … Read More »
- Pretoria, South Africa (7/30/2022) - According to allpubliclibraries, Pretoria is the administrative and cultural-historical capital of South Africa, which plays an important role in the life of the country. Pretoria is located 60 km from Johannesburg on the banks of the Tswane River in an… … Read More »
- What to See in Sipadan (Malaysia) (7/23/2022) - According to agooddir, Sipadan Island is located off the southeastern coast of the state of Sabah, which occupies the northeastern part of the island of Borneo, 35 km from the coastal city of Simporna. Sipadan is known as the best… … Read More »
- What to See in Oranjestad and The Hague (Netherlands) (7/16/2022) - Oranjestad (Aruba, Netherlands) Oranjestad is the capital of the island of Aruba. It is located on its southern coast. The name of the city is translated from Dutch as "orange city". There are no oranges here, but the city itself… … Read More »
- Navassa Island General Information (7/9/2022) - Background: The United States claimed this uninhabited island in 1857 because of its guano deposits, which were mined from 1865 to 1898. According to 800zipcodes, the lighthouse, built in 1917, was closed in 1996 and administration of the island was… … Read More »
- British Territory in the Indian Ocean (7/2/2022) - General information: According to smber, the territory was formed in 1965, part of the islands was transferred to the Seychelles-1 when they received independence in 1976. As a result, the territory includes only six main groups of islands from the… … Read More »
- Pitcairn Islands General Information (6/25/2022) - General information: According to simplyyellowpages, Pitcairn Island was discovered in 1767 by the British and settled in 1790 by the rebels from the ship "Bounty" and their Tahitian companions. Pitcairn was the first Pacific island to become a British colony… … Read More »
- French Guiana General Information (6/18/2022) - General information: First settled by the French in 1604, French Guiana until 1951 was a place of hard labor. According to itypeusa, the European Space Agency launches its satellites from the Kourou launch site in Guiana. Geography Location: northern part… … Read More »
- General Information About Montenegro (6/11/2022) - According to 800zipcodes, Montenegro is a country of natural beauty and amazing contrasts. As George Gordon Byron said: "At the moment of the birth of our planet, the most beautiful meeting of land and sea took place in Montenegro. When the… … Read More »
- Belarus Population and History (6/4/2022) - Demography and economic geography. - State of north-eastern Europe. The population at the last census (2009) was 9,503,807 residents, while in 2014 the country had 9,307,609 residents, according to an estimate by UNDESA (United Nations Department of Economic and Social… … Read More »