The GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) is a standardized test that is used as an admission test for business graduate degrees in most of the world’s universities. Acronym source: Abbreviation Finder
One of the main characteristics of this exam is its “problem adaptive” design, which means that the difficulty of the questions in the quantitative and verbal area depends on the performance that has been had. Considering the above, and in order to obtain a successful application in a competitive graduate degree, it is important to look for a preparation course for this standardized exam that allows you to learn and understand each section, establish your objectives and achieve the highest possible score. For this reason, in this post we will share the main tips that allow you to differentiate and choose the best preparation course that suits your needs and allows you to reach your goal score.
Choosing a preparation course for the GMAT exam can be a difficult job, when you start your search you will find many programs that have different characteristics and functionalities, these can be face-to-face, online, personalized or for individual study. The main differences you will find will be the amount of study hours, course materials (platform or books), exercises, teachers and the language in which they will be taught. It is worth mentioning that the courses change in price depending on their duration, reputation and testimonials.
The exam sections are Analytical Writing Assessment, Integrated Reasoning, Quantitative, and Verbal. Since 2017, students can choose the order of the sections in order to reduce the worry and fatigue they generate. With this in mind, the first step to correctly choosing a GMAT preparation course is to understand the fundamentals of the exam and find a course that addresses all the topics of this, allowing yourself to deal with the questions in a timely manner, understanding your needs.
Continuing with this, the next step is to prepare the work plan and the perfect environment for your study. Starting from the idea that taking a preparation course for the GMAT exam takes approximately 2 to 6 months, you should consolidate your most efficient scenario to study. Consider the 2 main factors, How? And how much ?, analyzing if the best thing for you is a face-to-face or online course and the time you are going to invest in it. You must count from the exercises and class hours, to the time it would take you to move from one point to another in the case of face-to-face courses. It is recommended that you look for the one that suits your lifestyle and your student profile.
At the same time, seeking “personalized” advice can help you get a competitive score. It is not specifically about you taking private classes, but that you have a review of your work and study on an ongoing basis. Having a feedback of your efforts to be able to observe and decide what strengths will be used when solving the exam and what areas of opportunity have to be covered before deciding on an application date, makes a difference among all those who have taken the GMAT.
Finally, the cost-benefit has to be considered, as we mentioned previously, all the preparation courses for the GMAT have their differentiators, including the one from Top Schools in the USA. In this regard, the reputation of each prep school has to be investigated. It is very important to understand the quality of the investment you want to make and the benefits they offer you. Some schools that support students tend to use a traditional methodology, sticking to the official test books; on the contrary, other schools opt for a personalized program covering the individual objectives of each student obtaining better results, and other courses seek to make mock exams to accustom the students.
Choosing a good preparation course for standardized tests is a difficult matter, requires time and patience. Among the main points that a course must cover in order to meet your objectives, flexibility in time, quality of exercises and academic material, learning modality and understanding of your profile must be considered. Do not put your admission to the postgraduate degree of your dreams at risk by choosing the wrong GMAT preparation course, look for the course that best suits your needs and allows you to obtain a competitive score for your application, plan your investment and your learning methodology in detail to make the right decision.
- University of California Santa Barbara
- University of California San Diego
- University of California Riverside
- University of California Los Angeles
- University of California Irvine
- University of California Davis
- University of California Berkeley
- San Jose State University
- San Diego State University
- Hawaii Pacific University
- California State University San Marcos
- California State University Northridge
- California State University Los Angeles
- California State University Long Beach
- California State University Fullerton
- California State University Chico
- Boston University
- Universitat Autonoma De Barcelona
- Riga Stradins University
- Griffith College Dublin
- Vancouver Island University
- Thompson Rivers University
- Saint Marys University
- Brock University
- University of Göttingen (Germany)
Overview of 50 U.S. States
- Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah (12/2/2022) - According to 800zipcodes, Bryce Canyon National Park, located in southwestern Utah, is a somewhat smaller park compared to other national parks in the state. That doesn't make it any less beautiful though! The park is best known for its 'hoodoos';… … Read More »
- Maui, Hawaii (12/1/2022) - With its beautiful nature and the most beautiful beaches, Maui offers a good variety between action and tranquility. According to 800zipcodes, Maui is Hawaii's second largest island after Big Island. Because the island consists of two volcanoes and a valley,… … Read More »
- Entertainment and Attractions in Eilat, Israel (11/29/2022) - The main direction of Eilat is a beach holiday, but for sightseeing tourism there is also everything you need here. The main attraction of the city is a picturesque coral reef, the northernmost in the world. To admire the underwater… … Read More »
- Sousse, Tunisia (11/27/2022) - The “Pearl of the Coast” Sousse is the most popular, noisy and youthful resort in Tunisia. There are a lot of hotels here - from city "kopeck pieces" at a price lower than there is no more luxurious "fives" with… … Read More »
- San Cristobal, Mexico (11/26/2022) - You will never see Paris or New York the way it was seen in the 16th or 18th centuries. These cities burned in fires and were destroyed by bombing and shelling, the streets were straightened and rebuilt every hundred years,… … Read More »
- Sights of Rhodes, Greece (11/19/2022) - According to 800zipcodes, the island of Rhodes is part of the Dodecanese, an archipelago in southeastern Greece. Rhodes is the fourth largest Greek island and has been a major tourist destination for Europeans for decades. Thanks to the Mediterranean climate,… … Read More »
- Landmarks of Al Ain, United Arab Emirates (11/12/2022) - The city of Al Ain is about a two-hour drive from Abu Dhabi and an hour and a half from Dubai. According to 800zipcodes, Al Ain is part of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and is the second largest city… … Read More »
- State Route 53, 55, 56, 57 and 58 in Colorado (11/3/2022) - State Route 53 in Colorado SH 53 Get started Denver End Sherrelwood Length 1.7 mi Length 2.7 km Route Broadway 62nd Avenue 70th Avenue According to simplyyellowpages, State Route 53, commonly known as State Highway 53 or SH 53 is… … Read More »
- US 1 and 117 in North Carolina (11/2/2022) - US 1 in North Carolina US 1 Begin Cordova End Wise Length 164 mi Length 264 km Route South Carolina → Cheraw Rockingham Aberdeen Southern Pines Niagara Vass Cameron Lemon Springs Tramway South Sanford Sanford → Greensboro / Dunn Haywood… … Read More »
- Broadway, New York (11/1/2022) - Broadway Broadway Get started New York End Sleepy Hollow Length 50 km Route New York Yonkers Hastings-on-Hudson Dobbs Ferry Irvington Tarrytown Sleepy Hollow According to Findjobdescriptions, Broadway is a road in the New York City region of the United States.… … Read More »