Fairland, Oklahoma is a small town located in the northeast corner of the state with a population of approximately 1,500 people. The geography of Fairland is typical of rural Oklahoma with rolling hills and wide open plains. The climate is temperate with mild summers and cold winters. Check ehangzhou for best time to travel to Oklahoma.
The history of Fairland dates back to the early 1900s when settlers made their way to the area looking for new opportunities. Over time, the town grew and prospered due to its location near major transportation routes. Today, Fairland is a quiet community that still retains its small-town charm.
Politically, Fairland is part of Ottawa County and leans conservatively in terms of voting patterns. The economy is mainly based on agriculture and small business but there are also several manufacturing plants in the area that provide jobs for locals.
Education-wise, there are several elementary schools in the area as well as one middle school and one high school that serve students from across Ottawa County. Additionally, there are several private schools located nearby for those wishing to receive a more specialized education.
Some landmarks to check out while visiting Fairland include the historic courthouse, which was built in 1910; Beaver Creek Park; and Lake Eufaula State Park, which offers camping and fishing opportunities year-round. There are also several local shops downtown where visitors can purchase souvenirs or enjoy a meal at one of the restaurants or cafes in town.
Population: 1,025. Estimated population in July 2020: 1,012 (-1.3% change)
Males: 474 (46.2%), Females: 551 (53.8%)
Zip code: 74343
Median resident age: 39.1 years
Median household income: $27,240
Median house value: $54,900
Races in Fairland:
- White Non-Hispanic (71.3%)
- American Indian (27.1%)
- Two or more races (7.4%)
- Hispanic (0.9%)
Ancestries: United States (16.2%), German (12.3%), Irish (10.7%), English (8.3%), French (2.7%), Dutch (2.4%).
Elevation: 838 feet
Land area: 0.9 square miles
Fairland, Oklahoma is home to a population of 1,400 people. It is located in Ottawa County and is part of the Miami-Oklahoma City-Tulsa Metropolitan Statistical Area. The median household income in Fairland is $43,375 and the median home value is $88,100. The cost of living in Fairland is slightly lower than the national average, with housing costs being the most affordable. Renters will find that one bedroom apartments typically range from $500 to $700 per month while two bedroom apartments typically range from $650 to $850 per month. Utilities are also reasonably priced with an average monthly cost of around $150 for basic services. Groceries and other necessities such as clothing are generally less expensive than in other parts of the country, making it an attractive option for people looking to save money on their everyday expenses.
For population 25 years and over in Fairland
- High school or higher: 73.9%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 9.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.8%
- Unemployed: 5.0%
- Mean travel time to work: 23.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Fairland town
- Never married: 19.6%
- Now married: 54.0%
- Separated: 1.1%
- Widowed: 10.6%
- Divorced: 14.7%
0.1% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: +65 (+6.8%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Fairland:
- INTEGRIS BAPTIST REG HEALTH CENTER (about 7 miles; MIAMI, OK)
- WILLOW CREST HOSPITAL (about 10 miles; MIAMI, OK)
- GROVE GENERAL HOSPITAL (about 12 miles; GROVE, OK)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Fairland:
- JOPLIN REGIONAL (about 38 miles; JOPLIN, MO; Abbreviation: JLN)
- NORTHWEST ARKANSAS RGNL (about 51 miles; FAYETTEVILLE/SPRINGDALE/, AR; Abbreviation: XNA)
- DRAKE FIELD (about 70 miles; FAYETTEVILLE, AR; Abbreviation: FYV)
Other public-use airports nearest to Fairland:
- TERAMIRANDA (about 11 miles; AFTON, OK; Abbreviation: 79F)
- MIAMI MUNI (about 11 miles; MIAMI, OK; Abbreviation: MIO)
- CHEROKEE (about 13 miles; AFTON, OK; Abbreviation: 4O6)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Fairland:
- MISSOURI SOUTHERN STATE COLLEGE (about 34 miles; JOPLIN, MO; Full-time enrollment: 4,569)
- PITTSBURG STATE UNIVERSITY (about 47 miles; PITTSBURG, KS; Full-time enrollment: 5,566)
- NORTHWEST ARKANSAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 51 miles; BENTONVILLE, AR; Full-time enrollment: 2,197)
- NORTHEASTERN STATE UNIVERSITY (about 58 miles; TAHLEQUAH, OK; Full-time enrollment: 6,610)
- UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS MAIN CAMPUS (about 70 miles; FAYETTEVILLE, AR; Full-time enrollment: 13,324)
- TULSA COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 87 miles; TULSA, OK; Full-time enrollment: 8,727)
- UNIVERSITY OF TULSA (about 88 miles; TULSA, OK; Full-time enrollment: 3,760)
Public high school in Fairland:
- FAIRLAND HS (Students: 147; Location: 202 W WASHINGTON AVE; Grades: 09 – 12)
Public primary/middle school in Fairland:
- FAIRLAND ES (Students: 359; Location: 202 WEST WASHINGTON; Grades: PK – 08)